Our CSR Policy
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the concept whereby organisations integrate social and environmental concerns into their business operations and into their interactions on a voluntary basis.
Inter Relocation is fully committed to the principle of CSR and intends that CSR should become embedded, where appropriate, into its policies and practices, to the benefit of staff as well as the wider community. There is already much good work which could be classified as contributing to CSR taking place within Inter Relocation and the policy and future strategy will build on this in future.
Inter Relocation aims to be recognised as an organisation that is transparent and ethical in all its dealings as well as making a positive contribution to the community in which it operates. It is committed to the following core values in all aspects of its work, including the fulfilment of its social responsibility:
- Clear direction and strong leadership
- Customer focus
- Respect for people
- Open communication
- Working to deliver best value
- Openness and transparency
- Development of positive working relationships with others
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards of public service; and
- Valuing and harnessing the diversity of Inter Relocation staff
Inter Relocation recognises that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to business.
- We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback, complaints and compliments that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our policies, strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- Inter Relocation will, where reasonable, make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for delivery lies with all employees.
- In relation to community involvement, Inter Relocation will identify a charity each year and staff will work together to raise funds and aid the charity as and when possible in a practical way.
- In selecting either a charity for this support or working with a charity in a team building scenario, Inter Relocation will only support programmes which are inclusive in nature and reach across all social and community backgrounds. Support will not be given to individuals or groups with political or sectarian connections.
- We shall strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of sustainable development and environmental policies.
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
- We will record and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our published standards of service.
- We shall encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continued development.
- We shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
- We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with stakeholders.
- Contracts with suppliers will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship.
CSR activity undertaken by Inter Relocation staff will be reported to the Management on a regular (at least annual) basis.
Inter Relocation will seek to achieve corporate and social objectives by focusing on two strategic areas:
- Community Impact – encouraging and assisting staff to greater involvement in team/individual projects in support of the wider community
- Environment – further developing environmental management practices that minimise waste and maximise efficiencies
Inter Relocation is committed to supporting its local community and those less fortunate than ourselves in Hungary and beyond. The company’s success is dependent at least in part on the support of the Hungarian people, our hosts for the expatriate assignees we work with. We try in some small way to give back to the community that has supported us so well over the years.
Judge us by the company we keep